Butler Baracudas Swim Team
The Swim Team season includes practices and meets through March of each year. It culminates with District and State meets. Please see the Swim Team registration form for pricing depending on your child’s age and the number of days per week your child will practice.
The actions of each swimmer, parent and coach reflect upon the entire swim team and the Butler County Family YMCA. All members of the Butler YMCA Swim Team, as well as their parents and coaches, are expected to abide by the Code of Conduct. By joining this swim team, all swimmers and parents agree to follow this code at all times.
Downloads & Links
Head Coach: Corrie Jones
Coach Corrie started swimming as a teenager and swam for both BYAC and Butler HS. She continued swimming at the collegiate level where she made All-American status as a freshman. After graduation she chose to swim with the Masters Swim Program where she attended the Masters Nationals in eight events and winning the National Title for the 1650 Freestyle and setting the record in that event. Corrie has been a part-time coach with BYAC for the past 18+ years. She also coaches the Penn Valley Swim Team over the summer. When she’s not at the pool, she is either teaching for BASD or spending time with her husband and two daughters.
Coach: Frank Cicco, Jr.
Coach Frank learned to swim at the age of 7 at Cubs Hall in a YMCA learn to swim program right before the current branch of the Butler YMCA was completed. He was on the first team that used the then new facility in 1968. Frank swam for BYAC and Butler High School before swimming for four years at John Carroll University where he made All-American status his freshman year. Frank has coached at the Butler Y off and on since 1982. Frank and his brother Larry are the owners of Frank Cicco Custom Tailors in downtown Butler. Frank has two sons who swam for the Butler Y.
BYAC Officers 2022-2023
RESY Riptide Swim Team
Our competitive youth swim team participates in the Western Pennsylvania YMCA Swim League (WPYSL) and the Allegheny Mountain Swimming (AMS) LSC of USA Swimming. Participants must be a member of the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA for the duration of the season.
For more information, please contact our Head Coach, Todd Slobodnyak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swim Groups & Pricing
- Cost- $450 ($60 for the first month, $65/month for the next 6 months)
- Monday/Wednesday: Swim 6:00PM-7:00PM
- Friday: Swim 6:00PM-7:30PM
- Cost- $550 ($70 for the first month, $80/month for the next 6 months)
- Monday: Swim 6:45PM-8:00PM
- Tuesday: Dry Land 7:00PM-7:30PM; Swim 7:45PM-8:45PM
- Wednesday: Swim 6:45PM-8:00PM
- Thursday: Dry Land 7:00PM-7:30PM; Swim 7:45PM-8:45PM
- Friday: Swim 7:45PM-8:45PM
- Cost- $650 ($80 for the first month, $95/month for the next 6 months)
- Monday: Swim 7:45PM-9:00PM
- Tuesday: Swim 4:45PM-6:15PM; Dry Land 6:30PM-7:00PM
- Wednesday: Swim 7:45PM-9:00PM
- Thursday: Swim 4:45PM-6:15PM; Dry Land 6:30PM-7:00PM
- Friday: Swim 4:45PM-6:15PM
- Cost- $350 ($50/month)
- Monday: Swim 3:00PM-4:45PM; Dry Land 5:00PM-6:00PM
- Tuesday: Swim 3:00PM-4:45PM
- Wednesday: Swim 3:00PM-4:45PM; Dry Land 5:00PM-6:00PM
- Thursday: Swim 3:00PM-4:45PM
- Friday: Swim 3:00PM-4:45PM
- Saturday: Swim 6:00AM-8:00AM